Improve pupil’s subject confidence by 36% in just 6 weeks with Active Minds!
You know the saying ‘It does what it says on the tin’? Well, that’s Active Minds. It’s working your Mind whilst being Active!
Of course there’s a whole lot more to say about this innovative programme designed by experts in each subject; but the concept is that simple.
First, some hard hitting facts:
- – 33% of 4 to 11 year olds in the UK are overweight or obese
- – Children aged 5 -16 spend on average 6 hrs per day in front of screens
- – On average, 70% of children’s classroom time is spent sitting.
Think of a classroom. What do you picture? Teacher standing at the front and pupils sat behind desks? Yes, because so often that is the picture, shown by the 70% statistic.
But why is it? Perhaps more importantly, why does it have to be? Turns out it doesn’t.
We know because we’ve seen the alternative first-hand and the impact it can have.
Active learning is this alternative and is the basis of Active Minds.
Some questions you may have…
What is the point of ACTIVE MINDS?
To use physical activity to enhance confidence, learning and attainment in Mental Health, Diabetes Awareness and Nutrition.
What does ACTIVE MINDS cover?
A wide range of learning outcomes for both KS1 & KS2 pupils in Mental Health, Diabetes Awareness and Nutrition and Healthy Living.
How can your school use ACTIVE MINDS?
- – Group interventions
- – Gifted and talented sessions
- – Curriculum enrichment
- – School holiday activities
Can you tell me the structure of an ACTIVE MINDS session?
- 1) Select your bespoke program to meet the needs and current learning of the pupils during the 6 or 12 week programme.
- 2) Each session covers a different topic and at the start of the program pupils complete a pre-course questionnaire.
- 3) Next, pupils implement the methodology into physical activities, applying the learning to real life situations with the support of the educator.
- 4) To finish the program, pupils complete a further post-course questionnaire to gauge learning.
- 5) See the pupils’ improvements!
What about all the pupils’ different needs?
No pupil is the same, we get that, which is why you can tailor ACTIVE MINDS to suit pupils’ individual requirements. Use the programme as an intervention to support lower achieving children or extend the learning of those who are gifted and talented. The results show that, whatever the pupil’s pre programme confidence level, it is boosted upon completion of ACTIVE MINDS.
How can your school budget for ACTIVE MINDS?
Funding is accessible through several streams:
- – PE and School Sport Premium – addresses key indicators and raises the profile of PE and sports across the school, as a tool for whole-school improvement
- – Pupil Premium – raise the confidence and attainment of pupils and ‘close the gap’
What support will we get delivering ACTIVE MINDS?
Tracking pupil progress is paramount. We will provide experienced educators and learning materials, in addition to sharing the impact of ACTIVE MINDS via regular reports (just the ticket for justifying your premium spends when Ofsted come knocking).
Interested? How could you not be?
We’re guessing you’re bursting with questions right now and want to find out more, so feel free to give us a call on 07527 637 999 (Jimmy) or drop an email to [email protected] and I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Plus, we’ve got even more info available here